Episode 14 BONUS - Vegetarian Tzimis
This dish is rated Pareve and can be eaten with meat or dairy meals.
For meat version CLICK HERE
Watch Video | Shownotes | Recipe List | Episode List
- Large Pot with Cover
2 quarts baking dish
- 1 lb. carrots
5 sweet potatoes
1/2 cup dried prunes (optional)
1 cup orange juice
6 dried apricots
1 tbs. raisins
1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup margarine
- Cut carrots into two inch pieces.
- Wash sweet potatoes, and place in pot for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots to pot, cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour the water out of the pot (drain) potatoes and carrots until they are cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks, and place in baking pan with the carrots, apricots and raisins.
- Mix orange juice, honey, salt, cinnamon, and lemon juice in a separate bowl and pour evenly over all.
- Stir everything gently.
- Cut margarine in small pieces and place over all the ingredients.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, stir gently, and bake for another 10 minutes.
Note: Can be served as a side dish.